‘Tis the Oscar season and I’m so proud to have received my first nomination in the Blogosphere – The Sunshine Blogger Award!!
Thanks a ton, Meher! I’m bouncing off the walls and the windows literally (I did a headstand against the window’s mosquito net and accidentally ripped it off) and my neighbours have been fortunate enough to taste their own medicine after a long time!
So… here’s my badge of honour!
Here are the Rules of the Award:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Now for the interesting bit – My answers to Meher’s singularly thoughtful questions!
1. Does your blog specifically aim at something? If yes then, what does your blog aim at?
My blog is more like the circuit-brained child of my thoughts. And my thoughts never find a home in reality. They are just aliens. Aliens to my own life, yet the rulers of my heart!
2. If you could do one great thing for the world, what would you do?
I would try to bring about desalination of seawater. That would check the gearing of our economies towards a Third World War.
3. If you could live as any fictional character for one day, which character would you be?
Oh! I’m so thankful I was asked this question! Hercule Poirot, any day! I could do with some little grey cells!
4. Hot chocolate or cold coffee?
Since I decided to possess Poirot, I’m going for hot chocolate. Yum!
5. What power would you choose: transformation, invisibility or mind–reading?
Oooh…! Mind-reading! That’s like being invisible to the victim’s mind!
6. If you could transform into any animal, which one would it be and why?
Funny question. Why would I want to be an animal and sacrifice my abusing rights that come as a free bonus with my human birth? Alright, alright, I’ll answer. Hmmm… I’d probably become a cat. ‘Cause cats are cool. (Ms McGonagall, I’d like to be your student.)
7. Are you more of a turning-physical-pages-of-a-book reader or an e-book reader?
I shall always devote myself to the diminishing but glorious Church of Paper. Nothing beats the musty smell of old books and the crisp yellow pages that have seen more than they care to tell us.
8. If you could remodel time, where would you travel to – the past or the future?
The past. For the future is scary. I wouldn’t want to live there if this is how we are going to humiliate Mother Nature and her children in the present.
9. Look around the place you’re at while answering this question. What’s your favourite thing from in here?
I’m sitting in my paltry study room which has a desk, a bed and a big bureau. And my favourite thing is the lone sock sitting on my blanket. Yes, I have a favourite sock and yes, he is lonely (I lost his spouse by wearing her for too many days… too too many days…. she cut herself up… sob)
10. What is your favourite junk meal?
I don’t eat much junk but my anti-depressants are generally bottles of coke.
11. What’s the one thing that encourages you to keep writing?
The wonderful fellow bloggers who take time to read my blog and give their thoughts about it. Thank you so much, guys and gals!
The Nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award are:
Check out their works! They are all amazing in what they do – a liberal library of stories, poems, wit and life experiences!
And here’s what you must answer in your Acceptance Speech!
- Do you have a favourite family memorabilia/heirloom? What is it?
- If you could go back in your own timeline, what would the ‘present you’ tell the ‘2008 you?’
- Which book character would you like to run away with?
- Do you like your job? What’s your dream job?
- Which country would you like to travel to?
- What do you look forward to when you wake up each day?
- If you can meet The Creator, what would you tell him?
- What was your favourite show as a kid? (Why did Cartoon Network have to change…)
- What is the big announcement about your life that you’d like to give right now?
- Given a choice, which villain would you like to be?
- How was your day?
I’m super glad to have received my first ever nomination and thank you Meher and all my other readers for this wonderful Spring gift!
Sayonara! See you next time!